Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas

I already had some chicken stewed & shredded from when I made Buffalo Chicken Dip earlier in the week so I whipped up some enchiladas. Remind me to post the dip recipe for all your tailgating festivities this fall because it is ah-mazing.

Here's a picture of all the ingredients and products I used for this recipe plus my little helper again:)


About 2 C. Cooked Chicken
2 C. Salsa (recipe in previous post or use pre-made)
Pkg. Flour (or corn) Tortillas
1/4 C. Sour Cream (I use light)
Cream Cheese (I use light)
1/2 Can Whole Kernel Corn
2 C. Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 t. Cumin
1/4 t. Oregano
1/4 t. Cayenne Pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste


Cream together softened cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in 1/2 C. of the salsa & 1/2 of the cheese. I'm using the {kitchen tool company} Collapsible Serving Bowl and I LOVE them. This is the medium one (there are 3) and they include the lids. These are especially awesome for the camper or for those of us with small kitchens that have no storage. They collapse almost flat but have no "give" to them when you're using them. Plus, they're dishwasher safe so we are good friends, those bowls and I.



In a different bowl mix your seasonings and then toss in the chicken & corn. Combine the two and mix it up. I didn't get them pictured here, but, in the first picture you can see the {kitchen tool company} measuring spoons & adjustable measuring cup I used. The awesome thing about the measuring spoons is that they nest together but easily pull apart so you always have them at hand and don't have 5 others dangling (and dripping) down your wrist. Also, they sit flat on the counter so you won't spill liquids and they're clear so you can get the correct measurements every time. The adjustable measuring cup isn't stocked anymore and that's probably because it's easy for liquid to escape out the back hatch and if you didn't catch it in time, you might pour a cup of oil into your recipe when you only needed 1/4 c. :)



In a 9x13 baking dish, spread 1/2 C. of the salsa over the bottom. This will keep the enchiladas from sticking to the bottom of your dish and keeps them moist while baking. I use a Pyrex baking dish but these would be great in stoneware also, I just have a fear of them so I use glass ones that I can stick in the dishwasher. :P




Fill your tortillas, roll and place in the dish (seam down). Repeat until you are out of mixture then top the enchiladas with your remaining salsa. Sprinkle with the last 1/2 of the cheese and pop them into the oven at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.



You can prepare these ahead of time and stick them in the fridge so they are ready to bake when you take them out. Very nice for busy school nights.

Stay tuned for our adventures with making & canning homemade applesauce!

Email me for more information on all the products used or if you have any questions about why the "{kitchen tool company}" references instead of the actual name: rachael.9667 AT gmail DOT com




0 comments:

Post a Comment